Tuesday 25 September 2012

My first Oak Table

My First Oak Coffee Table


So this is my first attempt at making an Oak Coffee Table. The wood was a bit of a bargain from the local sawmills as he had quoted me for a far inferior slab of wood and stuck to his word when I picked up this industrial grade seasoned oak. And what a lump it was.




So far I have planed and sanded it to within an inch of it's life and just need to get the whole lot levelled before finalising the table top itself. Once it's all together one of my mates should be taking it off my hands for his new abode. If I had the room in my living room it would most certainly be going in there.

So as you can see from the above pictures. This is roughly what it should look like once it's finished. A few grades of sanding and a pukka levelling job and it will be good to go. Just need to get some doweling to join it all up underneath and the job is a fish. I will get the finished article pics up here once it's done!

No comments: